Hi Martin, thanks for posting this update, and apologies for taking so long to
get around to reading it.

On Nov 17, 2010, at 08:06 PM, Martin Pool wrote:

>At the end of that discussion we picked two specific items for the bzr team:
> * speed
> * loom support, on lp and within bzr, and connecting them to packaging patches
>
>and for Launchpad
> * build from branch into the main archive
> * actually execute a merge from a merge proposal
> * through launchpad. merge from a debian branch into an ubuntu udd branch

I think we also have to address the package import failure issues.  I see two
parts to that.  First, we need to make sure that if someone branches
lp:ubuntu/foo (or ubuntu:foo <wink>) on a branch that has had import failures,
that some very prominent warning is displayed.  Perhaps the branch fails
unless a --force flag or something is given.  I'm not sure exactly, but I'm
fairly confident that silently producing a branch that's out-of-date is *not*
a good thing. :)

Second would be to address the issues actually causing the failures, but
that's a longer term project.

-Barry