In traditional packaging I would often build the package with debuild
then make some changes based on the compile (edit .install files, add
.symbols files etc) then check it works with debuild -nc then tidy up with
debuild -S.

Is there an equivalent in UDD with bzr-builddeb?  If I run bzr
builddeb it will finish the compile and clean the build tree so I
don't get a chance to look at the resulting tree.  One messy way is to
alter the changelog so it doesn't have my e-mail in it then it will
complain that it can't sign the result and keep the build tree around.
I can then edit that, use debuild -nc, clean it with debuild -S and
copy the result back, but it's not very elegant.

Jonathan