I don't know the answer to this off hand.  Does someone else?  Maybe
we can add this to the help.l.n documentation?

Martin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Scott Ritchie <scottritc...@ubuntu.com>
Date: 10 November 2011 06:05
Subject: Thanks for fixing recipes...and Launchpad Recipe help please
To: martin.p...@canonical.com

Hey Martin,

Thanks a ton for helping fix the daily build recipes bzr-out-of-memory
issue.  Now that my daily builds are building again, I'm hoping I can
bother you with a question...

How exactly do I use Git tags in a recipe?  It seems like there's
support for this, but I couldn't figure it out.

Currently my recipe looks like this:

# bzr-builder format 0.3 deb-version {debupstream}+daily-{date}
lp:wine
nest-part packaging lp:~scottritchie/wine/natty-packaging debian debian

The {debupstream} pulls the upstream version from that natty-packaging
branch I set up, but what I'd like it to use is the GIT tag from lp:wine
since I don't really have any reason to update this branch other than to
increment the version number.

1) Are git tags preserved at all in LP's BZR imports?
2) If yes, what's the equivalent of {debupstream} that I can use to
access them?

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie