Hello,

We're in the process of deploying lp:udd to do something that has very
little to do with Ubuntu distributed development. We're using it to
maintain a local database mapping from object files to symbols, for
our own nefarious purposes[1]. It works well for this, but there are
some changes that we will want to make soon.

There are two big changes that aren't necessary for us, but would help a lot:
  1. Decouple lp:udd from the package-import.canonical.com production deployment
  2. Split the package scanning and the branch importing parts of
lp:udd into separate projects

It sounds scary when I write it like that, but I don't think it's
actually that much code.

Neither of these things has to be done – we'll figure something out –
but I reckon these changes will result in less code that's better
tested.

What say you?

jml

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AutomagicBinaryPackaging