On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 16:20:29 -0300, Andreas Hasenack <andr...@canonical.com>
wrote:
> Why is it removing and adding the same file? This file (and several
> others) didn't change between ubuntu:landscape-client and
> lp:landscape-client, it's exactly the same.

I'm assuming that this is the first time you've done any sort of merge
between the two?

Because they are unrelated branches from bzr's point of view, it has to
reconcile the history and file-ids. For the history it joins the two
revisions history together, which is fine. The file ids isn't so easy
though, as they can't be joined.

Therefore it replaces the ubuntu file ids with the upstream ones, which
is why you see everything as removed and added.

This is annoying, but it allows you to move forward, and only needs to
happen once.

Thanks,

James