Hi there,

My notebook has a US keyboard layout ( so no Alt-Gr only left and right
Alt). I want to be able to access accents with ease just like Windows US
International keyboard layout, which is incredibly intuitive and easy to
use. The accents are French ùûüÿàâæçéèêëïîôœ.

On stock Ubuntu I recall I could access the keyboard layouts using
System menu, Preferences, and Keyboard. From here I could set the
keyboard. An exmaple I found on line is :
http://www.wikihow.com/Change-Keyboard-Layout-in-Ubuntu
I did not see something similar with Ubuntu Gnome 13.04, and I did see
keyboard listed in ( I think ) System, but this differed and had not way
to change the layout, that I could see.

** Is there something similar to US International keyboard layout on
Ubuntu Gnome, and how can I access this keyboard configuration section
in Ubuntu Gnome? **

I'd really appreciate any ideas you may have.

Thanks, Simon