On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 9:43 PM, William <wjck...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You could always start with this:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD
> and build your system up from it.

Preciously :)

And, if you really really looking for a lightweight system, then why to
waste time while Lubuntu and Xubuntu (even though some believe Xubuntu is
not lightweight) are there? :)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu

For 3 years being around, I could tell you that there are so many
definition for a Lightwight System because that depends on 'what YOU need'
or looking for. Lightweight in performance? how many apps are there? there
are many cases.

At some points, even Lubuntu can't be considered as super lightweight
system. I can still built a system from Mini ISO that is lighter than
Lubuntu:

http://amjjawad.blogspot.com/2013/07/ubuntu-mini-iso-installation-process.html

Check the last Screenshot :)

Some may consider Xubuntu as lightweight for them.

So, this is, IMHO, something related to what a user needs and/or wants.
Linux gives you the whole freedom to either choose the system that works
for you the better and/or give you the option to build one yourself based
on the Mini ISO.

Some other users do the installation, remove the packages they don't want,
install what they like, start using the system.

Many philosophies and approaches, the destenation is unique, that is Linux
:)

Best Regards,