*(Q)* I am little worried about GNOME is taking a route that will be more
compatible with Wayland display server, but Ubuntu will go for the MIR
display server, how will this affect the next Ubuntu GNOME Releases?
*(A)* The whole MIR vs Wayland thing, is entirely irrelevant for now.
Ubuntu 14.04 is using X and it is not going to just disappear overnight!
Ubuntu GNOME 14.10 will likely continue using X, even if Ubuntu switch to
MIR. At some point in the distant future we will probably switch to
Wayland, but right now its not even close to being ready.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/FAQ#X_vs_Wayland_vs_MIR

http://ubuntugnome.org/documentation/faq/

Thank you!

Best Regards,