Hi Satyajit,
  I think you have really left this a bit late.

While I am not opposed to shipping extra themes, I will not be putting a non-default theme in ubuntu-gnome-default-settings. Despite what you say, GTK themes do break each and every cycle, perhaps not as critical but still plenty of glitches etc. I also have a suspicion that people looking for a theme, are at a first instance going to search google for it, rather than checking what is installed.

Now the right way to do this would be to get your theme into the ubuntu Archives as a package, then we could get it included in the default install (as an additional theme) if the rest of the artwork team are happy with that. All of this may be a little late for trusty however you could atleast try.

Tim