I have been running 14.04 on 3 different laptops since alpha. A thinkpad,
an HP dv6500 and a galago ultra pro. On the older machines i have the
occasional crash during login. The component varies and i usually submit
the abrt. On the Ultra pro i havent had any problems that i can recall. I
have done any reinstalls but just updating as needed.

So far i've been quite happy.

Good work by everyone so far

Steve