On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Tim <dark...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On 01/05/14 22:29, Steve Ovens wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have spent some time looking into this but I can't find anything
> definitive. I want to use the recently used files functionality, however it
> > always wants to open *everything* in gnome documents. This is a problem
> because a lot of the files have passwords and moreover, I actually
> > want to *gasp* edit my files. In Arch I simply removed gnome-documents
> (or didnt install it in the first place). However in Ubuntu Gnome, the
> > ubuntu-gnome-desktop gets removed when you remove gnome documents.
> Are you talking about the search results in the overview or something else?
> gnome-documents search provider will open files with gnome-documents.
> nautilus search provider seems to open files with the last used editor.

So I am specifically talking about the ability to, from the
shell/activities menu, type into the bar and pull up your recently
used/accessed files. Right now I believe I am doing this via a plugin. I
like the ability to not have to open nautilus/take your hands off the
keyboard to open documents

I am open to learning a new way of doing this