The version error I agree is not a big thing. I only discovered it when
I was trying to discover why the gnome-network-manager that worked (yes
I tested it) on the beta and release candidates of gnome 14.04 worked
but on the released version don't. Actually there is a long list of
things that worked on candidates of genome 14.04 but don't in the full
release. What I find most is that the bugs that are confirmed and marked
as high priority affecting multiple users have no developer assigned to
look at them after 2 weeks.

Given that gnome 13.10 updates end in the next few weeks it does cause
some concern.