Hello Ben,
You should be able to convert an existing install without the need to
re-install from scratch but there may be a few issues that come up with
third party ppa's. I do strongly advise that you make a backup of anything
important in the unlikely event that anything goes wrong. One of the main
reasons why the page advises that you start with a clean install is to
avoid the need to advise users to create those initial backups.

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 7:34 AM, Ben Bacarisse <ben.li...@bsb.me.uk> wrote:

> "Ali/amjjawad" <amjja...@gnome.org> writes:
>
> > On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 11:23 PM, Ali/amjjawad <amjja...@gnome.org>
> > wrote:
> <snip>
> >     Who is interested to use/run Ubuntu GNOME as a Rolling Release?!
> >
> > For those who are interested, here is how to do that ;)
> >
> > http://ubuntugnome.org/howto-run-ubuntu-gnome-as-a-rolling-release/
>
> This looks like a appealing option for me, but the cited page only
> describes how to do so starting from a fresh install (of a daily build)
> and I'd very much like to avoid having to do a fresh install.
>
> Is there are path from where I am -- a bog-standard 14.10 Ubuntu Gnome
> system -- to a rolling release that does not involve a fresh install?
>
> <snip>
> --
> Ben.
>
> --