Wow that is weird. Can you try creating a new user account and see if the
issue persists. If it does please can you file a bug against gnome-shell
using 'ubuntu-bug gnome-shell' on the command line.

Thanks

--
All the best,

Bruce

FSF Member 10674 / The FSF is a charity with a worldwide mission to advance
software freedom / Join the Free Software Foundation:
http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=10674

=

Oops... I was in windows when I wrote this and for some reason it sent my
reply to your private email whoops...

So here it is sent to the group:

well here is the thing, I couldn't get it to do it on the new account but it
took it awhile to show up..

But those weird shapes were from out of the box it was doing that ( from the
install) .

Wow your from Zuid Afrika eh? Nice!

Thanks,
Christopher