This is definitely a problem with Sublime Text. Another way to reproduce
this issue is to restart the environment (Alt+F2 and type r). I can't help
you with the technical details, but, some other apps behave (or used to)
like that; one that comes to my mind is Chrome (older versions, I reckon).

I hope someone can help you find a solution to this issue.

Cheers,
Alfredo