Hi everybody,

I just installed ubuntu gnome 14.0.4.3 to a friend who doesnt speak english and
is not familiar with the command line but I did the whole installation in
english and then tried to add the language german and just switch it... so i
went to system settings and ohh surprise, there is no way to add a new
language. it is the same problem described
here:http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2215826

http://askubuntu.com/questions/331515/language-support-icon-missing-in-system-settings

I checked online and there are some workarounds:

1. install the   language-selector-gnome as explained here
http://askubuntu.com/questions/331515/language-support-icon-missing-in-system-settingswell...
 my friend is not really interested in using the command line as she has no
technical background and just need to use a simple friendly GUI
2. install other ubuntu distribution and then gnome desktop... it is also
possible but it takes more time... one of the best things of linux in general
is that one an have a running machine in less than 30 mins.... so i also prefer
another option. not to say that she was very very concern with the amazon stuff
that ubuntu includes
i have alway thought that ubuntu (in all its flavours) is a great choice for
people with no technical knowledge... and it is an easy OS to use and gives the
people the possibility to be free... but when I find this small things all my
speech falls into the floor...
my question now is... is there any plan of including this in the next update of
ubuntu gnome? is there a bug report already? can i do something?
thanks...
Sent from my Ubuntu Linux

Alexander Bejarano Hincapié
Linux User #390516 - http://counter.li.org/
Universidad Distrital  - Francisco José de Caldas - Bogotá, Colombia -
http://ieee.udistrital.edu.co