Hey Michael,

On 02/03/16 17:37, Michael Gratton wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just upgraded to Xenial and GNOME 3.19 from gnome3-staging, since I'm a
> bleeding-edge tragic. Most things look good, except that the old
> versions of Epiphany/WebKitGTK have some serious rendering problems and
> touchpad setting are being ignored.
We have mainly been focusing on core apps atm (i.e. stuff that is installed by
default on Ubuntu GNOME)

> The only packages available for Epiphany/WebKitGTK are out of date -
> 2.18.x/2.10.x, and these seem to have theme issues - certain in-page text
> and button labels are not being rendered correctly, so they are not visible
> at all. This makes it pretty unusable. I'm attempting at the
> moment to build a deb of webkitgtk-2.11.91 so I can build Ephy 3.19.x, to see
> if that fixes the problems.
If you can get working builds, send me debdiffs of the updates and I can
sponsor uploads to the ppa for you ;)

> Also, the touchpad settings in gnome-control-centre are being completely
> ignored. None of the UI elements relating to the touchpad seem to
> have any effect on my Macbook Pro's built-in touchpad, nor my external Apple
> Bluetooth touchpad. Natural scrolling is not getting enabled when
> it set to On, Tap-to-click is not enabled when set or On, and disabling  the
> touchpad by setting it to Off does not work either. I don't know
> if this is related to the UI refresh or something else, any suggestions?
I don't have a macbook, but I will take a quick look at this on my laptop and
see if its the same, when I get a chance.