I redid update-grub with Windows drive plugged in. No change or difference: same output and can still boot into "ubuntu".

On 03/31/2016 10:49 PM, Tim wrote:

On 01/04/16 10:54, Ty Young wrote:
Sorry for the late reply!

On 03/28/2016 03:58 AM, Narcis Garcia wrote:
If you want Windows entries not appears in GRUB menu, you can disable
the detection of other operating systems:
chmod a-x /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober

Than you can run update-grub with Windows HDD plugged, and menu will not
include MS/Windows boot.
Usually, when GRUB has no different OS to show in the menu, it's
configured hidden to boot faster. If you want to discover the menu, you
must hold [Shift] key at boot manager stage.
A bit confused here... are you talking about the Ubuntu boot option in GRUB?
No, that in itself was/is(currently) fine and working. The menu
I'm talking about is the BIOS boot device manager/window that comes up by
entering BIOS Boot Options/holding F12 after POST. The entry to boot
to "ubuntu"(The HDD where Ubuntu-Gnome is on) was gone, with only the HDD
model(as mentioned previously) option remaining.
If you are talking about the efi boot manager, I think that entry should be
added at install time (and not touched again), though not entirely sure.

Though from your logs, efi boot doesnt seem to change?

=================== efibootmgr -v (Before boot-repair)
BootCurrent: 0004
Timeout: 1 seconds
BootOrder: 0003,0004,0000,0001,0002
Boot0000* UEFI Device: Generic-SD/MMC/MS/MSPRO 1.00     BBS(17,,0x0)
Boot0001* UEFI Device: P5: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH70N        BBS(18,,0x0)
Boot0002* UEFI Device: USB Flash Disk 1100      BBS(19,,0x0)
Boot0003* UEFI Device: ST3750528AS
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x2)/Sata(1,65535,0)/HD(1,GPT,4f39d2b7-00d2-4be4-a2d4-a3a41eceeb6e,0x800,0x100000)
Boot0004* UEFI Device: Generic Flash Disk 8.00
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1a,0x0)/USB(1,0)/USB(1,0)/HD(1,MBR,0x0,0x2a8,0x7a8d58)
=================== efibootmgr -v (after)
BootCurrent: 0004
Timeout: 1 seconds
BootOrder: 0003,0004,0000,0001,0002
Boot0000* UEFI Device: Generic-SD/MMC/MS/MSPRO 1.00     BBS(17,,0x0)
Boot0001* UEFI Device: P5: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH70N        BBS(18,,0x0)
Boot0002* UEFI Device: USB Flash Disk 1100      BBS(19,,0x0)
Boot0003* UEFI Device: ST3750528AS
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x2)/Sata(1,65535,0)/HD(1,GPT,4f39d2b7-00d2-4be4-a2d4-a3a41eceeb6e,0x800,0x100000)
Boot0004* UEFI Device: Generic Flash Disk 8.00
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1a,0x0)/USB(1,0)/USB(1,0)/HD(1,MBR,0x0,0x2a8,0x7a8d58)

Don't know anything about GRUB, so I'm not sure. I just generated the logs via boot-repair GUI app from a flash drive both before and after the new GRUB install. I didn't mess with the drive other than that.

Attempting to boot to the HDD model option after "ubuntu" goes missing just
boots to Windows. I'm guessing that is because it couldn't find an
OS on the HDD so it went to my default boot option, which was my Windows 7
HDD...

AFAIK, my install of Ubuntu-Gnome itself is fine. Every time I've reinstalled
GRUB via boot-repair it always lets me boot back into the OS
with no problems, but eventually goes missing again... even months later
apparently.

El 28/03/16 a les 02:32, Ty Young ha escrit: