Hi Charlie,
what do your get when with "dmesg" ? Sent from my Ubuntu Linux

abejaranoh_at_gmail.comFingerprint 3641 600E 89A6 0F87 77D0 72AB 350B C595 53EC
C82EGPG Key ID  0x350bc59553ecc82e Server Key pgp.mit.edu

      From: Charlie Luna <cont...@charlieluna.com>
 To: ubuntu-gnome@lists.ubuntu.com
 Sent: Saturday, 6 May 2017, 20:07
 Subject: weird output when restarting/shutting down

hey gnome-sters! hehe, that's my petname for us ubuntu gnome users. got a weird
issue going on. i changed wifi cards in my laptop a couple weeks ago and for
some reason, i now get some disturbing output upon restart/shutdown but it's
only when my wifi connection is being a problem. the wifi card i got is
completely compatible with my laptop since i vetted the hardware and even got
documentation from the manufacturer on the compatible models. i'm using an
intel 3165 802.11ac + bluetooth 4.0 1x1 card. it replaces a realtek card that
came in the laptop. i switched it out because intel has full linux support.

some of the ouput shows some failures of some kind but it goes by so fast that
i can't make out much of it and i've got no idea of how to get a terminal
output to post here or on launchpad.

i'm considering reinstalling ubuntu, the standard version, just for comparison
reasons and perhaps sticking with it until the change back to the gnome desktop
that's coming with 18.04. i love ubuntu gnome and if ubuntu still shows the
same thing with my wifi being a problem, i'll switch back to gnome. but, the
router i've got is brand new and supports 802.11ac with a dual channel setup
like it should and it's really awesome when it's connected properly. granted
the router is over 20 feet from my bedroom and there may be a lot of EMF
exposure in here and i know distance, obstacles and emf is a problem for wifi
signals.

so unleash your awesome knowledge unto me and advise me how to figure this out.
ask any questions and maybe we can figure this out.