Good morning/afternoon ladies and gentlemen,

My name is Eric Nicholls and I'm nothing but a Linux Enthusiast that wish to see Linux on the Desktop. I'm currently running Ubuntu Gnome for the following reasons:

1) I come from Fedora and even though it is a nice OS, It lacks a lot of software, repos and support. 2) I left Ubuntu originally because the so caledl Unity Desktop went from an idea to a fantasy and meanwhile Gnome was becoming a robust DE.

So I decided to Install Ubuntu Gnome and get the best from both worlds.

Now that Canonical will make Gnome default, I was wondering about the future of Ubuntu Gnome. I was thinking that maybe the project could ship a better version of Ubuntu Gnome Instead. Canonical will ship Gnome with only a few teaks and the truth is that Stock Gnome is not that friendly to the eye or to most people's workflow.

I have made a lot of surveys on Google+ and the majority of the users perform the following tweaks:

-Install Adapta GTK Theme along with Papirus Icon theme. Why? because they look gorgeous and they push the Material Design Concept we love on our Android phones.

-Install Dash-to-dock Extension, and place the dock on the bottom with the App Drawer at the beginning. Why? Because wide screens let you place even more apps on the dock and even though Canonical believes that the dock should remain on the left, It doesn't really matter because the Intellihide feature gives you even more space when you maximize an App.

-Users also Install the Activities Configurator to add transparency to the top panel and change the "Activities" button for an icon.

- And last but not least, most users install the Top Icons Plus extension to get rid of the bottom tray and place the applets on the top panel.

When it comes to the default Apps, the most popular browser is Google Chrome (Not Chromium). I'm aware it is not a Free App but maybe Google can sign an agreement with a distro to make it default.

The world has the best Linux OS for phones and tablets: Android and the best Linux OS for Netbooks (ChromeOS) Why shouldn't we have the best OS for Work Stations as well?

It would be nice to have an OS that provides a seamless Ecosystem among your devices.

I'm aware that System76 is doing something similar with POP_OS but they are personalizing the Experience for their own devices only,

This is a Google+ post where I published my Desktop so you could have an idea: https://plus.google.com/+ericnicholls-snydox/posts/TT6UtackRFE

What do you guys think?

Best Regards,

Eric Nicholls