You have been subscribed to a public bug by Athanasios Lefteris (alefteris):

I install Ubuntu using Wubi's installation "Inside Windows" with Greek
language support. Installation finishes successfully but while pressing
Alt-Shift in order to change the language layout (US to Greek) nothing
happens. I install completely the Greek language support, because
initially was partially installed, but the same thing happens. I look in
to the keyboard layouts but no Greek layout appears
(System>Preferences>Keyboard tab Layouts). I suppose this happens with
all languages.

Editing /etc/default/console-setup we see that:

XKBMODEL="pc105"
XKBLAYOUT="us"
XKBVARIANT=""
XKBOPTIONS=""

for the Greek language it should be:

XKBMODEL="pc105"
XKBLAYOUT="us,gr"
XKBVARIANT=","
XKBOPTIONS="grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"

I think that is a major bug that makes Ubuntu with Wubi unusable by new no
English speaking users. Happens in 8.04, 8.04.1, 8.10 beta.

** Affects: wubi

--
Wubi Ubuntu 8.10 beta (and 8.04) installation "Inside Windows" can not change
language keyboard layouts.