I'm putting gdm in the "Affects" list, as I think that it's a regression caused
by the new gdm that was introduced with Karmic.
Also, when I choose "Greek" in the gdm screen, I properly get a Greek layout,
but that's not the desired behavior, it should by default respect the system
settings.

Some more info:
$ grep XKBLAYOUT /etc/default/console-setup
XKBLAYOUT="us,gr"

$ gconftool-2 --get /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd/layouts
[us]

Also, I've seen that key messed up with something like
[us,gr,us\,gr   \,]
but I'm not sure if that problem was because of gdm or because of
gnome-keyboard-properties.

** Package changed: ubuntu => gdm (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gdm (Ubuntu)

--
No Greek kb layout added after selecting it during installation
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/498856