From: David Planella
Date: Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Subject: Ubuntu Global Jam Reminder
To: "Planella, David"

Hi,

I thought I'd reach out to you as a leader in the Ubuntu LoCo
Community to see if you would be interested in organizing an Ubuntu
Global Jam event on the 2nd - 4th March weekend:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/**UbuntuGlobalJam<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam>

If you are already thinking of organizing one, make sure to register it on
the Loco Team Portal, so that participants know about it and can easily
join it:

http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/**add/?global_event_id=1443<http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/add/?global_event_id=1443>

If you already have, thank you! It's people like you that make Ubuntu and
its LoCo community so awesome :)

If you want to know more, read on...

The Ubuntu Global Jam is a worldwide event in which Ubuntu LoCo Teams
get together at a local venue and work on Ubuntu, get know each other,
and otherwise just have a lot of fun! These events are simple to
organize, a great way of meeting people in your area, and a great way
of learning (at many of these events people share skills, techniques
and more about using and contributing to Ubuntu).

This Ubuntu Global Jam is also a particularly important one. Ubuntu
12.04 Precise Pangolin is shaping up to be a stunning release, and we are
all putting a lot of focus in ensuring that it gets lots of
testing, and our awesome LoCo community is helping with this.
Organizing an Ubuntu Global Jam event is a great opportunity to do
some of this testing and provide feedback to help make Ubuntu better!

You can see the list of current events planned at
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/**global/1443/detail/<http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/global/1443/detail/>and
we would love to
encourage you to organize and event and participate!

Also check out how to organize a jam on the video there.

Thanks in advance if you do organize an event, and we look forward to
reading more about it online!

Regards,
David.

--