Cannot tell you whether gcc can compile java programs or not. I have heared that one compiler gcj (GNU compiler for Java), but not sure whether it can compile Java programs without JAVA actually installed in the system.

regards

On 9/30/06, francis bosco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have not installed java. I hope that gcc can compile
java programs also
--- Linux Lover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> which java is installed in your system?
>
> regards
>
> On 9/30/06, francis bosco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I am using Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
> >
> > when i compile the java programs using gcc, It
> shows
> > the error  "gcc:installation problem, cannot exec
> > 'jc1': no such file or directory" what is the
> solution
> > for this. please help

> 鄏‡鄏戈江
> 鄏…鄏兒江鄏兒�#65533;鄏舟�#65533;鄏�> Anindya