But what will he do with the old ones? Can't just throw. So woudn't be
it good idea tto distribute it among friends, saying its ubuntu, new os,
I have the latest, but this you can try and if you want latest, I will
give you.

Note, that not every new trial user will accept Ubuntu, if he fears to
miss some Windows specific apps or environment, Also, he can distribute
to computer sc friends, who don;t want to install linux to his system,
but the course ware (networking, c++ programming etc, Unix systems) task
can be dont on live cds.