Hi Soumyadip,

Nice to see this mail of yours. Thanks for kicking once again.

On 5/6/07, Soumyadip Modak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> One aspect I'd like to see addressed at the website is that there are
> hardly any screencasts. I remember that people on the IRC channel were
> discussing about Istanbul sometime ago. What has been the progress ?
> Who can make a screencast on how to install and use Istanbul to make a
> screencast. :) Another one on getting 3D desktops, the Ubuntu way ?

Yes. How-to get Beryl Installed with screencasts will be fun :-)

> I'm throwing up ideas here. I'd like to hear what others have to say.

*Sorry for Hijacking the thread* (I am not sure whether I did or not)

I would like to revisit the responsibilities that were assigned during
the IRC Meet that happened and cross check on the status.

>* Extra Package CD (Sup3rkiddo, slytherin)
>  Details of the packages to be discussed on the list.

No Update. Whats the latest on this slytherin, kiddo??

> * Ubuntu Edgy CD Distribution (tuxmaniac)
>  The CD distribution process to be made more effective.

CDs have ben despatched to whoever sent in the address. Still quite
some numbers remaining on all variants of Ubuntu Edgy. How to make
best use of them?

>* Ubuntu-IN LoCo conf
> Responsibles: Baishampayan, Aanjhan

This is a long term plan. So as of now no progress.

> * Stall at Carte Blanche (3rd March 2007, Chennai)

Was done. There was a nice #ubuntu-in stall put up. Sudarshan
spearheaded the act. Good Job done. Lots of scope for improvement
exists though :-)

> * Linux Demo Day
>  Responsibles: Aanjhan, Parthan

Whats the status??

> * Install fests

Any status updates wrt this??? Anybody conducted Install fests? Plans?

> * Hug Day
> Responsible: Onkar, Carthik, Baishampayan

Ubuntu Bug bot issue yet to be looked into. The BUG Hug day was
cancelled due to poor response. We will issue another announcement or
some such ???

> * Website content (Overall Responsibles: Baishampayan, Onkar)

I am not sure whether any of this have been even looked into. *sigh*
Overall we guys need to start off working. Its been just "OK" and we
need to pull ourselves and get going.

Please update the status and ideas if I have missed out any.

Reggies.
--
Aanjhan