On 5/15/07, Sri ranga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> There is phonetic tool " Microsoft input tool" (Beta) free download from the
> website:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=39ba9cf3-8c05-482a-885d-00f16a0b8307&displaylang=en
> It works only on XP and above version.

And you need to shell 8k for buying that . he he lolz.

> Advantage: phonetic (typed in english font) can converted into any indian
> langagues  and similarly  any  indian  language can be  converted into
> phonetic(english font).

That`s very much possible in ubuntu with scim and if i compare both
tools , scim is far better than windows phonetic tool.

Read here to know how to configure scim
http://ubuntu-in.org/wiki/SCIM_hindi

> For translating feature, please check with CDAC website.   Search
> "Translating english to Indian languages"

In the translation a offline dictionary is a much needed tool , read
http://ubuntu-in.org/wiki/Hindi_dict
to configure shabdanjali

And also don`t forget to join Ubuntu Hindi Translator group
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-hi

Cheers be in touch

> On 5/15/07, shavinder singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > Hi All,
> > Could anybody guide me on how do i go about translating ubuntu
> documentation into a regional language? i would appreciate  as much detail
> as possible.
> > Thanks

Thanks and Regards
Gaurav Mishra
Linux User #348873
ILUGD Commitee Member, GZLUG , DGLUG Moderator
B.Tech 4th Year Computer Science , RKGIT , Ghaziabad
http://rockybhai.blogspot.com
"When i can run , i will run , When i can walk , i will walk, When i can
crawl , i will crawl. But i will not stop moving forward"