Hello all,

Thank you all for your suggestions.
I have a new CD of ubuntu (got by requesting for on web). Before this i had
downloaded the ubuntu image from ubuntu website and burnt it to a CD.
Nothing seems to work out for me. Though i have other version of unix
installed on my PC iam very much interested to install ubuntu.
This is not happening. Iam desperate to install it and use it.

I also performed disc integrity check. I did not find any errors.

Is this not happening with anyone else? The installation procedure is very
slow and infact iam unable to install ubuntu even if i wait patiently for
more than two hours.

Please help me in installing ubuntu on my PC.

Thanks
Pramod.