--- nan budh wrote:

> I use Ares on win XP to share a lot of music files.
> Is there any similar peer to peer file sharing
> software for ubuntu/linux? I am looking for
> something which is actually popular, cos its useful
> would be decided by its popularity only.

There are quiet a lot of them, actually. Not all may
be popular.
I list a few of them here

azureus
bittornado
ktorrent
rtorrent
qtorrent

[OT]
However, it is highly recommended, that you use them
for the right purpose. P2P sharing of songs costs the
media companies a lot of money. You don't realize it.
There are quite a few other sources to listen to
music.
Instead, you could use torrents to act as seeds for
users downloading ISOs of *buntus using torrents.
[/OT]

> To experience the futility of the things we do.. we
> have to experience a LOT!

Yes sure. But make sure they are legitimate!

--
http://www.gnu.org.in
http://www.somaiya.edu/sksasc

      Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Go to
http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/