friends
is there any standard way of knowing what all softwares i have installed on my
ubuntu6.06 uptill now? what i mean is that the softwares which i installed thru
synaptic can be uninstalled thru it too. but there are some which i compiled
and installed directly. They donot show up on synaptic or in Add/Remove
softwares utility. Again I suspect that not all which i installed thru apt-get
show up on synaptic either. How should i keep track? One thing that worries me
is that when i upgrade my ubuntu version i shall have to download all of them
again. i have read somewhere there is a utility which creates a CD of all the
inntalled pkgs.
BTW what is the ideal directory to install a program to when i am doing it
myself.i am currenlty doing it to /opt. is it ok?
regards
nanbudh