On 10/10/07, Ramnarayan. K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Mir,
>
> This is with ref to getting the Huawei ETS 2288 to work under linux (or
> under any way)
>
> thanks for posting the link - its been something i have been querying and
> searching for.

:P. Its my pleasure to be helpful to anyone

> So what cable (serial usb) did you use - standard BSNL issue or of the
> market somewhere - BSN is reluctant to give both the cable and the windoze
> software,
>
> would be helpful if you could post those details as well.
>
> much appreciated

I am office right now and do not have the exact details of cable here.
I will mail back in the evening from home.

Jus make sure one things BSNL uses baud rate of 115200 for internet on
WLL phones. It is like that at least here in srinagar. You will need
to setup baud rate in phone as well  as /etc/wvdial.conf

In you phone.

1. Press "Menu" button
2. Select  "Settings" using up/down key and press "OK" button
3. Select "Common" section and press "OK" button
4. Select "Data Settings" and press "OK" button
5. Select "Data Rate" and press "OK" button
6. The set Data Rate = 115200 using up/down arrow keys and press "OK" button.
7. Then press "End" button until you reach the main screen.

Then connect.

--
 ALLAH HAFIZ
 Mir Nazim