On 10/11/07, Onkar Shinde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 10/10/07, Amit Karpe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >          We had just remaster XUbuntu 7.10 beta .
> > Our intended audience is Computer Science Student .
> >
> > We  had added all development  tools/packages .
> > Anjunta
> > Bluefish
> > Cssed Editor
> > Devhelp
> > Eric
> > Geany
> > Glade
> > gPHPEdit
> > IDLE
> > Screem
>
> This is good list. Since I am now working in software industry for
> some time, I am suggesting some packages from that point of view.
>
> Ethereal/Wireshark - This is perhaps one of most used network packets
> analyzer.
> Planner - Although MS Project is perhaps more widely used, this will
> at least give students an idea of project planning.

Good suggestion , I will add this in my todo list

> More java related tools if possible like ant, tomcat etc. Please don't
> include them if they depend on non-Free java implementations.

Could you explain more on this ?

Nice to see good responses / suggestions .
thanks .

> > And LAMP
>
> You mean AMP. L was already there. :-)
>
> > mplayer and xmms .
>
> Please note that you are promoting restricted formats by including
> xmms and mplayer. Not only this against Free software philosophy, it
> also may be illegal in some countries.

Plz suggest me alternatives .
Our end user are Indian college students , so if we have some law
against "restricted formats" plz let me know . And about other
countries , we can't do anything .

Waiting for reply .

> > With lots of small tools/packages for any developer .
> > Also we had added documentation for any New Developer in GNU/Linux World .
> > And with some " CS Linux " Wallpapers ;)
> >
> > Now We need web space to host this .
>
> See if you can learn to create a jigdo template from your ISO. That
> way you won't have to host the ISO or packages anywhere. Jigdo will
> download pieces of the CD from official ubuntu mirrors and then
> construct the ISO.
>

> Onkar
> --
> Passion - Some people climb mountains - others write Free software.
> Don't ask why - the reason is the same.

Regards
Amit.