> Mir, could you please share whether there are any heat issues in you turion
> laptop? whats the battery consumption like? i have heard core2 duo consumes
> less power and hence battery gives longer backup. what say you? i am getting
> a price difference of 4000/ between turion TL-58 and core 2 T5300 :-)

The bottom of the laptop heats up a bit but not that as much as my
olders Intel Celeron used to. I cannot comment on centrino laptops as
I have not used it. As far as power is concerned. My Laptop used to
give 3 hours of power backup initially for first 2 months but now it
backup ranges between  2 hours 15 minutes  to 2 hrs 45 min. Yes batery
life has gone down a bit but my use is also very high my laptop works
continously arround 15-18 hours a day with a just 1 or 2 reboots a
day(that is only when I am on the move) and battery is drained full
and recharged almost 2-3 times a day.

With such a heavy use I don't mind loosing a bit of battery power or a
bit of heating.

My Laptop AMD 64 X2 Dual Core, 1.6 GHz, 512MB(soon upgrading to 2 GB).

--
 ALLAH HAFIZ
 Mir Nazim