Hello guys!

I am Navneet Sreeraman. I have a Compaq V6102TU laptop that I purchased in
November 2006. I tried installing Linux in the machine and my natural choice
was Ubuntu. But the LiveCD never boots in the first attempt. Also my laptop
does not boot any other Debian distro successfully. It either installs and
then fails to boot from the hard drive or never loads ata all.

Strangely, Ubuntu does get installed as a virtual machine in Windows. But
that too at times behaves strange.

Can someone throw some light on the successes and failures of trying to
install ubuntu in the same laptop as mine or the same processor of any other
maker.

For the sake of clarity, I have unsuccessfully tried both the 64 bit and 32
bit versions of Ubuntu 6.06, 7.04, Debian 4.0 (Etch) 32 bit only with the
exception of BOSS(serch on the Internet if u want more information). All rpm
distros like Fedora, openSuSE 10.2 (my current version), and Mandriva work
fine.

--
Navneet Sreeraman
+91-9985730200