On Jan 22, 2008 7:56 PM, Hardeep Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I've been a member of this group for a few weeks now, this is my first
> mail
> to the group. I got acquainted to Linux only a few months back and i've
> tried Ubuntu 7.04, Xubuntu, Mandriva and Ubuntu 7.10 (which is currently
> dead again, lol). Its nice to know we have so many Developers in this
> group
> who can really 'create' stuff.
>
> To me, an Indian version of Ubuntu sounds like a nice idea (i know its
> easier said than done) but I think we Indians should get something to brag
> about on Linux front. An Indian version may not necessarily mean the same
> Distro recoloured to Orange, White and Green, if the brainies around here
> can create something thats stable, innovative, easy to use, free and
> branded
> as INDIAN, I'm sure Indian PC retailers who give away pirated Windows
> copies
> to PC buyers (there's no other easy choice) would easily convert to Linux,
> making this distribution an Instant hit and the creators, instantly
> famous.
>
> Come to think of it, how many Indians (and I mean Mass market average
> users
> here) you know who have linux on their PCs and know how to use Linux, i
> think its a huge opportunity and people here can utilize it. :-) But
> again,
> its just my opinion, if you feel its too much for a first mail, sorry.
> lol,
> :-))
>
> Regards,
>
> Hardeep Singh

@Kingsly..
Let me put it straight..
I was not telling I am contributing to Gobuntu.. I was just saying Its based
on the Gobuntu Idea
with support for major  Indian Languages.. Let me put these questions to
you:
Do you contribute to ubuntu actively enough?
If yes.. Show me your Launchpad page with any sort of contribution..
If no, why dont you open up a page and start active contribution rather than
finding holes in doughnuts..?
If you decide not to contribute then tell me the reason as to why are you
here with a ton of criticisms for whatever the others do?
If you tell you are under work pressure cant do it on a regular basis I will
show you a number of examples in our community who are working but still
actively contributing to debian and ubuntu in whichever way they can..
Lastly, Dont flame, If you dont have the time on your hands to contribute..
Please let interested people contribute.
--
Bhavani Shankar.R
https://launchpad.net/~bhavi, a proud ubuntu community  member.