On Jan 27, 2008 8:19 PM, Roshan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Canonical seems to be too far to ask for help. The best you can do is
> ask friends around in the campus who may have ordered CDs of Ubuntu
> from shipit and collect those 'extra' CDs.
>
> Alternatively, you could ask "someone" to SPONSOR the CDs. Either at
> lower prices or at the cost of advertising (Moser Baer? perhaps ;) )
>
> Ofcourse, that would mean, each LUG member volunteers to share his / her
> CD-RW drive to burn copies of the disc.

Well, since we are college students, i don't think we can chip-in for
the prizes. Buying CDs and burning them isnt really an option. Plus we
need something more 'attractive' too.. I'm sure ubuntu t-shirts etc
would be a huge hit.
I'll talk to the organizers about 'funding'.. in any case, whom should
i contact at canonical??

I personally think that this fest is a great opportunity to showcase
linux to engineering students, who sadly dont know much about it. With
enough effort and luck, we might get almost the whole college to use
linux, which i think will be great.

Also btw, we were thinking of keeping a guest lecture..anyone related
to linux/Free software. Any ideas? Anyone of you interested? It'd be
great if some developer can enlighten us..

Thanks for all the responses.