Hi VK,

Thank you for your suggestions. My Ubuntu did not recognize dhcp command. I
configured wireless connection manually and it is working. I had to change
my router security from "none" to "WPA". Thanks a lot for your advise. The
things I miss now is automatic connection, the icon animation which tells me
whether connected or connecting. I also miss the speed information with
mouse over the icon. I also notice that I had to configure wireless
connection next time I booted Ubuntu. I do not know whether it would be a
routine everytime I boot. I am ectremely thankful to your advise. Best
Regards.