sanjeev kamat wrote:

> Dear Ubuntu folks,
>

> I just procured a copy of Hardy Heron and tried the live CD option on
> my windows XP PC. Well everything went fine but the system asks for a
> login password. The default username is “ubuntu”. The system does not
> accept any password for this username. I have tried all permutations
> and combinations. Actually it should not ask for any pwd, but this CD
> does. I have tried with other copies too.
>

> Also I used the “install inside windows” option and installed the OS
> on my windows XP PC. I had given a username and pwd. Again it does not
> accept the password I typed in originally while installing.
>

> Has anyone any idea about this? Please help.

The Wubi installer page at http://wubi-installer.org/ says just to enter
a password for the new account during installation. There is no mention
of an username:password to be used to install.

_/Note from the admin - Please forbid from using your official email
account, especially one which gets tagged with a confidentiality
agreement, for public mailing lists. It's again mailing list guidelines
and your own ethics./_

--
---
With Regards,