On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Parthan SR
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Please open the script in a text editor and have a look at that. If you
> have any doubt on any of the commands, hit `man <command>` or google for
> the same, or worst case ask the one who told you about the script. As
> far as I know about the script, it contains a series of network related
> commands and it just prints them in a readable manner one after other.

Below is the text of the said file

#!/bin/bash
echo
echo "Network Debug Helper Script"
echo "http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt";
echo "shakthimaan at gmail dot com"
echo
echo ifconfig --------------------------------------------------
echo
/sbin/ifconfig -a
echo
echo iwconfig --------------------------------------------------
echo
/sbin/iwconfig -a
echo
echo route -n --------------------------------------------------
echo
/sbin/route -n
echo
echo resolv.conf -----------------------------------------------
echo
cat /etc/resolv.conf
echo
echo kernel ----------------------------------------------------
echo
/bin/uname -a
echo
echo loaded modules --------------------------------------------
echo
/bin/lsmod
echo

***
of course i know that , the point was that it would have also been
good for a newbie to know whats going on (if they wanted too)

Also to say, i did not doubt Shakti's intentions , he has been  around
on the list for as long as i can remember and probably even before
that.

ram