On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Aanjhan R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:14 PM, mallikarjun arjun
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Actually i am thinking of buying dell with ubuntu laptop. The 2 options i
> am
> > looking for are XPSM1330 and XPSM1530
> > Is anybody using those laptops if so please suggest me.

I am using the Inspiron 1525 - I'm really happy with it, although its
overheated a few times and ACPI has shutdown on me - but that is also
because  I was over-stressing the poor baby a bit ..

> XPS M1330 is a very good buy. Do you get those pre-loaded with Ubuntu in
> India?

Unfortunately, I dont believe you get them pre-loaded with Ubuntu in India.
I assumed that since they sold the model with Ubuntu abroad, everything
would work flawlessly out of the box with ubuntu. While this was true for
most things, I remember there being some problems with sound, etc.
Basically, Dell has its own release of Ubuntu with some of its proprietary
drivers packaged in and it was available only as a DVD which meant a 2-week
download, etc... it is nicer if you can get it from abroad with ubuntu
pre-loaded, should save some bucks  as well.. (although you wont get the
pleasure that I did of formatting the Vista drive and ripping off the
sticker... :) )

And err.. sorry, I'm not familiar with the exact model nos. you posted -
hope my comments aren't way off:)

-Sanjay