Ubuntu is such a versatile and best of the GNU/Linux OS,such that ,it
installs more or less all the graphics card(onboard/discrete)drivers
by default.Even though in my case the ATi drivers were not installed
automatically,being their presence in synaptic packages
repositories.My machine consists of an NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT Graphics
card,and the NVIDIA drivers installed automatically without any
hassles.I had to tweak my resolution/screen settings as thus.Presently
I am using Ubuntu-8.10(INTREPID IBEX)(64-bit).

On 3/25/09, Onkar Shinde <onkarshi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes, I am very sure.
>
> Which version of Ubuntu are you talking about? The package for nvidia
> driver ends with -nv.
>

> Onkar

GOD BLESS US ALL!!!