निशांत / Nishant wrote:
> None till date, but that is no guarantee that it can't happen in
> future. If you are in a situation that you need to rebuild tree, its
> the most scariest.

Yeah! Heard about it. Am safe since I run Ubuntu on laptop which has a
power-backup from battery. Still X-crash and many other unusual freezes
do make me do a hard-reboot(sometimes).
> Best thing is fastest recovery from unclean shutdowns, journal replays
> are really fast on reiserfs. You can experience the speed from the
> moment you issue mkreiserfs on an 100GB partition, its over within a
> few seconds.

Another awesome thing is the speed of file operations. I took me 2 secs
just to delete a 700MB file. I had a valve folder which contains CS,
which it deleted instantly. I was thinking that this operation would
take ages like in XP/Vista... :)

--
Manish Sinha

Blog [ http://blog.manishsinha.net/ ]