Sorry to be pedantic here but WINE is not an emulator, it is a
reimplementation of Windows APIs. Having said that, I have had
noticeable success in running simple client programs (the Windows
TCP/IP stack implementation is quite complete). VB based or Windows
COM applications should run without a hitch.

So please give WINE a try. It should work.

Regards,

Ritesh