arulmozhi wrote:

> I am upgrade to 9.04, but which is taking too long time
> 1267 files downloded 45 minutes to install but it is working fine

Please do not directly reply to a digest mail, but remove the unwanted
portions of the quoted text and change the subject line to that of the
original mail you're replying to. Replying to a digest mail without
changing the subject line or trimming off serves no purpose and nobody
is going to bother to reply you.

It took so long time because it has to download 1267 packages and
replace the old ones with the new ones. It is because you had installed
such huge number of packages in your earlier version and thus all those
packages needs to be replaced. On a normal 256kbps connection, it takes
10 hours to download such huge number of packages, and this is why
downloading the alternate-cd iso and upgrading from it is faster but
anyways if you have installed extra packages then you have to download
and upgrade them some time.

--
With Regards,
Parthan SR "technofreak"

GPG Key     2FF01026
Fingerprint 5707 ECBD 8D8D 8E6E 28F8  DFA5 938B D861 2FF0 1026
Weblog      http://blog.technofreak.in