Hi Suranjan

It does not seem that many people use WLL phones to connect to the internet on this list. I do and have set up gnome-ppp for that. Here is what I suggest for you. I have gotten all the info from many of your old mails, so you might need to correct some of the strings if your situation has changed after your old mails in relation to this:

1. Start Gnome-PPP
2. Click on Setup
3. In the Modem tab, in device you need to have /dev/ACM0
4. In Type, use Analog Modem
5. In Speed, use 230400, if that does not work, you'd have to try 115200
6. In Phone Line, use Tone
7. Volume does not matter.
8. In Phone Numbers it is okay if you don't set anything, you can set the phone number in the first dialog box after starting Gnome-PPP
9. Click on the Init Strings and insert the three init strings from your /etc/wvdial.conf (ATZ, ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0, at+crm=1;at$lgpkt=3)
10. tick Waif for dialtone
11. In the Networking tab, in IP select Dynamic IP address
12. In DNS, select Automatic DNS
13. In the Options tab, select "Dock in notification area"
14. In Connection, select Abort connecting if no dialtone, check carrier line, check default route, ignore terminal strings (stupid mode), idle time is 0 (disabled)
15. Finally, if the first dialog box, use the phone number and userid and password from your /etc/wvdial.conf

I do hope that this works for you and you can connect. I travel a lot and can not always respond quickly.

Sincerely,

Moz

suranjan jii wrote:
Namaskar brothers,
I am very sorry to send it 2nd time on the list .  But i had to do this b/c i did not get any reply from anyone.

I have VSNL WLL internet. Now after the help of one brother moz from Ubuntu list i can easily go online.
To disconect it i want to use Gnome-PPP. I This programme is in my computer and icon is there on my desktop. I don't know how to do set up of this. Pls. guide me in detail as i am new for Linux. Now i have installed Gnome-PPP. But pls. guide me how to set up it.

I clicked on the Gnome-PPP icon and one window came. In the windows i typed username and password and also the phone no. to dial and also i typed at+crm=1 init string in the setup.
when i clicked on connect then for minutes it was just writing connecting and not doing annything. then i clicked on log and found following thing on terminal.
Pls. don't mind what i did. Pls. guide me from begining about Gnome-PPP. It will be really great help  for me.
Thank you.
Suranjan

/home/baba/.wvdial.conf<Warn>: Ignoring malformed input line: ";Do NOT edit this file by hand!"

WvDial<*1>: WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.56
WvModem<*1>: Cannot get information for serial port.
WvDial<*1>: Initializing modem.
WvDial<*1>: Sending: ATX3
WvDial Modem<*1>: ATX3

WvDial Modem<*1>: OK