> okay, so after one week of discussions on this, it emerges no
> commercial company is interested in offering amc and support to home
> users of linux. great for windows.
>
> so i need to lower my expections.
>
> would there be individuals, freelancers, college-students, etc., who'd
> be interested to offer *paid commercial support* for linux for
> home-users and for individuals, in your free time? in the NCR region?

Even though we dont know the size of the market yet and potential for
sustainable revenue, we know there is an opportunity to tap here ,  and this
is probably the right place to find the suitable talent.  I am pretty sure
there are  many individual freelancers around who are capable enough to
provide support in free hours , but may think opening a dedicated firm is
not a feasible idea due to various reasons. I am willing to take an
initiative to start a support firm  if there is enough interest. I am based
in Chennai as off now, but if there are enough people interested in putting
a collaborated team effort,  a nationwide organiztion is certainly a
possibility.  What say folks?

thanks
gourav