But,learning curve(if it is little bit steep),comes for a price.When you are
getting the GNU/Linux community editions for FREE ,it is upto the
learner,that he/she should try to adapt to the OS and its application as
much as possible.Being an end user,I am not desiring or thinking that
everybody should be a GEEK onto themselves.
Specially,at present the various distros of GNU/Linux particulary UBUNTU and
its versions are not at all rocket science to learn and work with.*It(UBUNTU)
is one of the easiest and functional GNU/Linux distro. to date.
*The same may be applied to openSUSE & MANDRIVA as well.
To my opinion,24-hours to try an OS is absolutely ridiculous.
Even the so called Windows-OS(COST HIGH at PREMIUM,LICENSING issues,etc.),is
not a handful of sweets,within 24-hrs to play with.Various problems may
creep up here and there,sometimes the incompatibility between BLOATED
Software & Hardware,and likewise...

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:41 PM, Saikiran Madugula
<hummerbl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Ramnarayan.K wrote:
> > 24 hours with Ubuntu
> > http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2009/10/24_hours_with_ubuntu.html
> >
> > A really crappy review of Ubuntu by a BBC reporter, who used it for 24
> > hours and says its not good enough.
>
> Why do you think its crappy review? He frankly pointed out what worked and
> what
> did not work *for him* - There is always a learning curve associated with
> new
> things. But his final point was would he actively seek to install Ubuntu
> (translated would I go through the learning curve ?) he says NO because it
> does
> not actually improve *his* computing experience - that varies from person
> person and he gave his opinion.

GOD BLESS US ALL!!!