From: Mallikarjun(ಮಲ್ಲಿಕಾರ್ಜುನ್) <mallik.v.ar...@gmail.com>
To: Ubuntu India Local Community <ubuntu-in@lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-in] Interested in hearing about ser experiences
about Karmic Koala (9.10)
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 20:53:01 +0530

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Gireesh Nagabhushana
<gireesh.nagabhush...@gmail.com> wrote:
        I tried 4-5 times in my laptop (Compaq Presario 2800T) both by
        upgrading
        from 9.04 to 9.10 and fresh installation.

        With both of them, system hanged for just opening Firefox.
You can try upgrading the firefox after a fresh installation, as they
rolled out 3.5.4 after base system 3.5.3

        In one of the
        attempts, instead of opening Firefox, I tried by removing it
        just after
        installing OS, again system hanged.

You can try going to
Single user mode to un-install (command: sudo init1)
or
Non GUI mode with short cut CRTL + ALT + F1

Or Avoid Firefox from system and Download tar.gz firefox from mozilla
website and use it.

Hopefully u will have problem solved.

        I found the same issue on booting from Live CD.

        MD5 checksum was also verified.

        9.04 is running without issues in this laptop. I am using 9.04
        since
        September.

        -- Gireesh