Hi Saurav

> Thanks for all your support. But the problem is I have got Reliance
> Broadband Netconnect+ HUAWEI EC168C data card (usb) and it is not working in
> my KUBUNTU 9.10 KARMIC . In windows it gets automatally detected but here
> it is automatically detected as a CD rom. How can i install it in my KUBUNTU
> 9.10 ??

When it is detected as CD-ROM, reboot the computer, and then check if it is
still detected as a CD, if it does, again reboot.

After that you might have to run

sudo modprobe usbserial product=productid vendor=vendorid

then check if /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1 exist or not;

And then run

sudo wvdialconf

then add the correct phone number, username and password in /etc/wvdial.conf
and check if a line like

Stupid Mode = 1

exists in /etc/wvdial.conf.

If all this works out properly, then try

sudo wvdial

and this should connect you to internet.

There is apparently another way of doing this using the Netowrk Manager,
which I have never used, but on the face of it, it does look simple.

Moz