On 12/05/2009 09:04 PM, Ashutosh Rishi Ranjan wrote:
http://www.workswithu.com/2009/11/18/who-deserves-free-ubuntu-cds-more/

This will make it harder for many people to get ubuntu. I have seen so many people who wouldn't download anything more than a 100MB because of money or speed. But from the beginning I did think that giving free CDs was outrageous!

What could be the alternatives?

Could we make ubuntu CDs together with printed CD covers (we could make a custom Ubuntu india CD cover)? The cost would vary accourding to the resources we could use: a CD is for Rs12 approx, and printing can be done from a shop or with a printer. These CDs could be distributed to local bookstores and shop. We could divide the management of this distrubution according to the area we live in.

I think I remember reading that we could definitely sell custom Ubuntu CDs ( I don't think I remember correctly, please confirm). But if we could, we could use it wisely. I vote for non-profit.

The difficult part would be making the shops agree.

The other project we could undertake is either ( somehow ) getting a shipit like program within India itself. I don't know how will that be made possible. I am still to even get my own bank account. But just suggesting.

PS: It was my small time dream that I would earn a lot, and help in advertising Ubuntu.

--
Ashutosh Rishi
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish

--

Jatin Khatri

Web www.khatrijatin.co.nr <http://www.khatrijatin.co.nr/>

www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin>

Phone (+91) 98250 20393

Hü Save Paper, Save Environment. P
/*(Plant at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)*/